Wednesday, September 8, 2010

the best laid schemes of women and cats gang aft agley...!!!

Sheba and Happy, as different as chalk from cheese. She, regal, golden-eyed, distant; he of the odd-colored eyes, as plebian as they come despite his pure-bred Persian blood. When first we got Sheba, she was as nervous as a thoroughbred horse, she would slink into the dustiest corners of the house, (for eg. under my son's bed) and gaze at us with wide-eyed suspicion. I suspect she was maltreated at her former home ( she was 7 months old when she arrived in an outsized, dusty cardboard box chez nous).  Now half a year and 3 litter-boxes later, she snuggles up to me ( but only in her non-pmsing days) and puts her paws over my hand in a strangely flattering gesture of trust. Her eyes as wide-eyed as ever, now show trust and even overt friendliness and (dare I say it) , affection! Even my husband, with his so-called ''cat allergy'' syndrome unbent enough to actually stroke her silky soft fur one day while sharing a sofa  and TV timewith her!
(more of our cat (mis) adventures later!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment